Release Notes - Version 1.16.0¶
Released on May 29, 2023
We are very excited to ship the May 2023 release of Hummingbot (v1.16.0) today!
This release adds the first iteration of Hummingbot Dashboard, a powerful new way to visualize and analyze your strategies. It also greatly simplifies the Docker installation process, added market orders support to top exchange connectors, and introduces connectors to the Algorand blockchain, Phemex, and more!
New trades DB columns
This release adds new columns to the trades database stored for each strategy/script to support the new Hummingbot Dashboard. As a result, we recommend that if you are updating from an older version of Hummingbot and want to run an strategy created using that older version, you should back up and delete the associated
.sqlite file related to that strategy located in the
/data folder. Failure to do so may result in errors upon re-starting the strategy.
Gateway users will also need to update Gateway to v1.16 after updating the Hummingbot client and then run the gateway-setup script to regenerate your configs then re-run the
gateway connect ... command again from within Hummingbot. Otherwise, you'll get an error message about
"Unhandled error in background task: 'chain_type'" when running Gateway.
With this release, Hummingbot now offers a multi-arch Docker image that supports both x86 and arm64 architectures. Users no longer need to download a separate Docker image for ARM builds.
hummingbot/deploy-examples: Deploy Hummingbot in various configurations with Docker
hummingbot/brokers: MQTT-based broker that orchestrates multiple Hummingbot instances
hummingbot/hbot-remote-client-py: A remote client for Hummingbot in Python
hummingbot/dashboard: Dashboards that helps you visualize and analyze your Hummingbot strategies
See below for what's new this month!
Community Call Recaps¶
In the last Community Call, Mike discussed the highlights from the v1.15.0 release, the new Bounties initiative, & community member TheHolyRoger presented Phase 2 of the Orchestration Module:
In the last How-To Call, Fede discussed how to use Hummingbot's Telegram integration in conjunction with custom scripts and deployments:
Each month, we livestream two community calls on our Discord server:
- Community Call: monthly release highlights, governance discussions, and community demos
- How-To Call: in-depth demos and live coding of key Hummingbot features
Check out the Hummingbot Calendar for links to these monthly calls and other upcoming events.
Formerly called Streamlit-Apps, the new Hummingbot Dashboard lets you visualize and analyze a strategy, even as it's running in real-time.
This is an experimental new module that we are still prototyping, and we welcome the community to test out and provide feedback. We plan to make significant improvements to this dashboard in the next few releases.
We have streamlined the installation process so that there is a single
environment.yml file in the
setup folder. In addition, the Hummingbot Docker image can now be built using a simple command for multiple architectures, making it more accessible across a range of systems, including
ARM architectures. These modifications are expected to enhance the overall user experience by simplifying the setup process and making Hummingbot more adaptable across a wide range of systems.
Market Orders Support¶
Following our Technical Roadmap, we are expanding our connectors to support to include all order types offered by an exchange. In this release, we and community developers have added the integration of
limit_maker_order types for the following exchanges:
New Bounties Documentation¶
Bounties offer a platform for those seeking development work on exchange connectors, strategies, bug fixes, and more to connect with skilled developers capable of building these solutions.
Check out our new guides for prospective Contributors and Sponsors:
New Script Examples¶
This release added the following new Script examples and improvements to existing ones:
1overN_portfolio: This strategy aims to create a 1/N cryptocurrency portfolio, providing perfect diversification without parametrization and giving a reasonable baseline performance. Thanks to Botcamp member Roland Kofler for this contribution! 🙏
spot_perp_arb: This script improves upon and addresses problems with the current spot perp arbitrage strategy. It is designed to simultaneously initiate a long position in the spot market and a short position in the perpetual market when the opening signal is triggered. These positions are then closed upon receiving the closing signal. The profit is generated from the corrective motion between the spot price and the perpetual price. Thanks to Botcamp member riven314 for this contribution! 🙏
New Chain/DEX Connectors: Algorand/Tinyman¶
Algorand a fully decentralized, secure, and scalable blockchain which provides a common platform for building products and services for a borderless economy. Tinyman is a decentralized trading protocol which utilizes the fast and secure framework of the Algorand blockchain.
Snapshot Proposal: https://snapshot.org/#/hbot-prp.eth/proposal/0x08a53dead66043ee8e8b0e65229a99b52be2e212a640e992eb72c9b4cd388701
Thanks to CoinAlpha for this contribution! 🙏
New SPOT CEX Connector: Foxbit¶
Foxbit is a leading cryptocurrency trading platform recognized for its high liquidity in the Brazilian market. Founded in 2014, Foxbit is built on the principles of agility, transparency, and security, and is primarily geared towards Brazil-based users offering rapid Bitcoin trading with a 0% deposit fee against the Brazilian Real.
See the Foxbit connector documentation for more information.
Pull Request: #6155
Snapshot Proposal: https://snapshot.org/#/hbot-prp.eth/proposal/0x8bb5b1341970a59988e3bcf635e3576c48f0ca3a0d1d86b9463b8be0b44d00b8
Thanks to mfavareto-vitra for this contribution! 🙏
New PERP CEX Connector: Phemex¶
Phemex is a crypto derivatives trading exchange. Based in Singapore, it was launched in 2019 by former executives from Morgan Stanley. The project is rapidly gaining popularity due to low fees and deep liquidity, offering user-friendly charting and wallet interface, no-KYC, tight/fast execution spreads, as well as spot, contract, and margin trading.
See the Phemex Perpetual connector documentation for more information.
Pull Request: #6218
Snapshot Proposal: https://snapshot.org/#/hbot-prp.eth/proposal/0x6f4f16e7cebffe5258138b841963849d9a9d185e5afa714c5d769687c0ed8899
Thanks to CoinAlpha for this contribution! 🙏
- #5900 Fixed issues with OKX API trade fills reported in #5800 and #5896 Thanks to huatahhhhh for this fix! 🙏
- #6088 Added the value of the trade fee in quote asset for reporting purposes
- #6095 Included impact of deducted fees in performance report balances Thanks to CoinAlpha for this fix! 🙏
- #6187 Updated Injective spot connector to match latest perp connector changes Thanks to CoinAlpha for this fix! 🙏
- #6271 Deprecated the Dexalot API key Thanks to CoinAlpha for this fix! 🙏
- #6236 Fixed the issue where failure occurred in fetching trading fees when the number of trading symbols exceeded 10 on the Kucoin exchange. Thanks to riven314 for this fix! 🙏
- #6283 Added Injective Perpetual rate limits Thanks to CoinAlpha for this fix! 🙏
- #6284 Fixed issue where Gate.io and Kucoin Perpetual were showing the incorrect orderbook amount Thanks to yancong001 for this fix! 🙏
- #6285 Fixed issue where Phemex funding payments were not reported Thanks to CoinAlpha for this fix! 🙏
- #6291 Fixed issue reported in #6055 where XEMM was crashing when a small amount maker trade happens Thanks to mfavareto-vitra for this fix! 🙏
- #6296 Removed legacy Solana and Serum DEX connector code
- #6300 Removed unused Gateway Docker code / commands
- #6312 Updated connector status for Foxbit and Phemex Perpetual
- #6313 Updated Gateway connector list
- #0092 Updated Injective dependencies and removed deprecated code Thanks to CoinAlpha for this fix! 🙏
- #0098 Deprecated the Dexalot API key Thanks to CoinAlpha for this fix! 🙏
- #0099 Updated the BNB tokenlist with data from the tokenlist used by Pancakeswap Thanks to CoinAlpha for this fix! 🙏
- #0105 Refactored the connector statuses and adds a
chainTypefield to the connector endpoint responses Thanks to CoinAlpha for this fix! 🙏