📁 Connector Info¶
- Exchange Type: Decentralized Exchange (DEX)
- Market Type: Central Limit Order Book (CLOB)
|🔀 Spot Connector
|🔀 Perp Connector
|🕯 Spot Candles Feed
|🕯 Perp Candles Feed
|📓 Connector Guide
ℹ️ Exchange Info¶
- Website: https://vega.xyz
- DefiLLama: https://defillama.com/protocol/vega-protocol
- API Docs: https://docs.vega.xyz/testnet/api/overview
- Fees: https://docs.vega.xyz/testnet/concepts/trading-on-vega/fees-rewards
🔑 How to Connect¶
See the Vega Connector Guide for a detailed guide.
Generate your public key in Vega Wallet¶
You can download the browser extension wallet (for use in the UI) by visiting https://vega.xyz/wallet/#overview. You can also get to the wallet by clicking connect on through the dAPP interface. Which will offer a pop up which has an option which will take you to download and install the Vega Wallet extension.
From there you will set up the wallet, you’ll need your seed phrase generated here for use within the connector.
Once the wallet is set up you’ll have a public key which you will also need for the connector.
Generate your public key in Metamask Snap¶
Note: The derivation for snap key is based completely off the seed phrase of the metamask wallet. If you intend to set up a shared account (for testing with multiple parties) the seed phrase is critically important.
Recommended: Setup a brand new browser profile, install a fresh version of Metamask and use that seed phrase for testing, as you will need to provide the seed phrase to the system (mnemonic is currently the ONLY supported way).
Once on the site you can connect and it will provide a pop up with options to connect with Vega Wallet or Metamask Snap, choose snap. This will carry you through messages asking you to approve the installation of the Snap.
Once installed and connected to the site, you will see your SNAP KEY in the top right with the option, when clicked, to copy the address, this is your Vega Party ID which will be used within the system when configuring Hummingbot.
Create a wallet on one of the supported networks below:
From inside the Hummingbot client, run gateway connect vega_perpetual in order to connect your wallet:
If connection is successful:
🔀 Perp Connector¶
Integration to perpetual markets API endpoints
- ID: vega_perpetual
- Connection Type: WebSocket, REST, gRPC
- Folder: https://github.com/hummingbot/hummingbot/tree/master/hummingbot/connector/derivative/vega_perpetual
- Default Configs: https://github.com/hummingbot/hummingbot/blob/master/hummingbot/connector/derivative/vega_perpetual/vega_perpetual_constants.py
This connector supports the following OrderType constants:
This connector supports testnet trading. To connect to the testnet exchange, run
connect vega_perpetual_testnet and enter your API keys.