Help us make Hummingbot better through governance
Participate in regular polls that decide which exchanges and strategies should be included in the Hummingbot codebase.
Use various types of proposals to propose changes to the codebase via pull requests and new developer bounties.
Get assigned bounties for fixing bugs, upgrading exchange connectors, and other maintenance work.
No. On Snapshot, HBOT holders vote by signing messages using their HBOT token balance to vote on issues without paying gas. Snapshots are recorded to IPFS to generate a permanent record.
Yes, Hummingbot Foundation is continually experimenting with novel ways to use HBOT to incentive community participation and reward open source contribution. We encourage HBOT holders to submit their own ideas for future HBOT use cases via proposals.
The total supply of HBOT was fixed at genesis at 1 billion tokens. No more tokens will be minted in the future. For the current circulating supply and release schedule, see HBOT Tracker, a Google Sheet maintained by Hummingbot Foundation.
When the Hummingbot Foundation took ownership of the Hummingbot codebase in December 2021, 600 million locked HBOT tokens (60% of total supply) were distributed to past team members and investors at CoinAlpha, the company that originally created Hummingbot. The remaining 400 million tokens (40% of total supply) are reserved for the Hummingbot community are will be distributed across fixed, bi-annual Epochs.
Yes. In the future, Hummingbot Foundation aims to support the listing of the HBOT token on other decentralized and centralized exchanges, as well as incentivize users to use Hummingbot to provide liquidity for HBOT across these venues.
Each locked HBOT token holder has their own unique token vesting smart contract that automatically releases their HBOT tokens over time. Holders can access their tokens by calling the release function on the vesting contract to release their tokens to their beneficiary wallet defined in the contract. The Foundation will publish a guide on how to access your tokens in the coming weeks.
The delegation feature of HBOT will be terminated by March 1, 2023. Until then, you can delegate the HBOT voting power of your locked HBOT tokens to another Ethereum address. See this Notion page for more information on how to delegate your tokens.